Things like a firm with a great brand and reputation, a genuine internal source of quality client referrals, a high salary and formulaic bonus scheme, targets and bonus based on total fee income, the autonomy to place funds in-house or externally, and an environment that is big enough to feel stable but small enough for your voice to be heard?
It’s actually really difficult to find this combination in one place. Often you find all of these things but with a discretionary bonus scheme, or all of these but a pressure to channel all of your existing clients into the in-house DFM, or all of these but in a small firm with no real client provision or internal business sources….
One particular firm does offer all of these things and is at the start of a recruitment drive, with opportunities nationally. They are offering:
- High salary – basic to £150K pa
- Formulaic bonus scheme – earn up to 40% of fee income
- Targets and bonus based on total fee income, recurring and new fees
- Year 1 Guaranteed Bonus negotiable
- Brand - Prestigious name with a long history
- Excellent internal source of HNW client referrals - sweet spot £500K-5M
- Integrated wealth management proposition - Internal DFM but no pressure to channel funds in-house
- Environment – Autonomous, grown-up workplace
- Ambition and vision – focused on building financial planning as key business line
- Size – big enough to give stability, small enough to want your input
- Exclusive – not a firm you are likely to have been approached about before