The role is responsible for tax accounting, compliance and US reporting for the UK companies within the Group, as well as review of compliance/accounting for certain European entities. Oversee annual compliance with recent UK legislation, along with associated review, and attestation of the accuracy of tax accounting in respect of UK tax returns across a number of taxes, testing of processes and controls, and confirmation and attestation of the accuracy of tax accounting for UK entities reporting to HM Revenue & Customs. Manage and oversee compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) process, including maintenance and updating of process documentation for entities operating in the UK.
- Information gathering and analysis for completion of UK CT computations, including analysis of specific expenditure accounts as required.
- Preparation and filing of UK CT computations and maintenance of CT compliance progress matrix. Liaison with external and internal providers as appropriate.
- Monitor and prepare calculations for UK CT payments on account.
- Preparation and/or review of group tax provision calculations and tax account reconciliations in respect of all UK entities as well as review of certain European entities. Maintain and update procedures notes in conjunction with Finance to be used across all entities in line with group accounting policy.
- Maintain and update tax compliance timetable for UK entities as well as for certain European entities. Monitor and facilitate delivery against timetable.
- Preparation and provision of information to UK and other relevant Tax Authorities in respect of outstanding enquiries.
- Provision of information to US Tax Group in respect of tax returns and payments made to UK Tax Authorities.
- Ad-hoc research, information gathering and analysis in respect of specific CT compliance projects as required.
- Support the annual audit process by providing appropriate tax analysis and disclosures to Finance as may required for the UK reporting entities.
- Provide information and assistance to SOX 404 team in relation to testing of Tax Group owned processes and provide progress/status reports to SOX 404 team as required.
- Assist in maintaining tax compliance timetable and monitoring of filings for European entities within the Group, including oversight of compliance provider engagements.
- Provide tax technical research and analysis support to the Tax Group in respect of specific work streams and projects including planning initiatives and tax audits and controversies.
- Accounting and Tax qualified (ACA, ACCA, CTA)
- Minimum of 5 years of post-tax qualified experience financial services and preferably with a US parented group.
- Experience and knowledge of tax, administrative and internal control best practices (including SOX experience if possible).
- Experience and knowledge of International Accounting Standards- IFRS, USGAAP.
- Excellent communicator and gravitas to work closely with senior stakeholders.
- Would consider candidates stepping out of Big 4 with financial services experience