Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
A global financial services organisation of over 30,000 staff, providing advisory, pensions, risk management and broking services to clients around the world.
It designs and delivers solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals.
A Software Developer in Test is required to join the Cambridge development team, working on market leading financial capital modelling software. This is a new position to meet the requirements of a growing team.
In this role you will contribute to the evolutionary development of advanced analytics and decision support software across all aspects of the development life cycle.
As a Software Developer in Test, you will work alongside the Software Engineers and Software Testers to ensure products meet high levels of reliability, maintainability, usability and performance.
This is an evolving role that will initially include:
- Working with the product owner and business analysts to translate user stories into test cases
- Participating in design meetings in order to ensure designs and implementations are testable
- Participating in retrospectives at the end of each sprint, in order to continually improve processes
- Working closely with the Software Engineers to ensure that testability and best practices are built in to the code
- Reviewing code, unit tests (C#, NUnit) and test data, to ensure comprehensive test coverage, both in terms of functional coverage and code coverage
- Implementation of unit tests (C#, NUnit)
- Identifying where automation of tests is appropriate
- Integration of test tools into the automated build process
- Execution of tests, both manual and automated, including exploratory testing, regression testing, verification of fixes
- Liaising with other testing teams within the company in order to share best practices
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- Passionate about testing as a career, flexible in working with a team to continually improve quality
- Experience of the development lifecycle, with the flexibility to work from test strategy to system and component level testing
- Software development using C#, although experience of other modern OO languages would be considered
- Extensive experience of testing, including unit testing, integration, system and performance testing
- Ability to thrive in a highly intellectual research and development environment
- Interest in maths, statistics and complex algorithms
- Experience to an Agile environment
- Exposure to Big Data computational systems
- Use of SQL
- NUnit (or other unit testing frameworks)
- GUI test automation, with experience of coding tests rather than just record and replay
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (or other version control system)
- Experience of financial modelling
- Mocking frameworks