A leading software house, my client supports the UK financial services community thrive in an ever-changing market through making their operations more professional and profitable. They deliver this by continually developing a best-in-class, web-based business management system to help their clients compete and win.
Built specifically for the UK market, utilising extensive technical expertise coupled with years of experience of the UK financial services sector, the system delivers touch button market analysis and aggregates data through integration across multiple client platforms and plugins.
The company’s success is built on the commitment of its people. As trusted technology experts, they have a market reputation as dependable, hardworking and passionate about delivering the absolute best in business management solutions for our clients.
Excellence is encouraged through a strong collaborative culture where individual performance is recognised and team results rewarded. This drive has resulted in a quadrupling of size over the last five years, and securing significant investment from global backers.
An innovative, independent working environment and a first class benefits package is offered, including: 25 days’ holiday, pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, discretionary bonus scheme and a variety of sports and social activities.
- Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the Software Delivery Manager joins Project Management, Operations, Development, Testing and Release functions together to achieve improved business and financial performance.
- To focus on Delivery, Client Relationship Management and Service Improvement at a macro level across the delivery function.
- To directly manage and provide an escalation point for project function teams and all technical teams.
- To achieve the desired project outcome from both a company and Client perspective.
- To stay in the ‘detail’ but with a holistic approach, to own a process/ project through various teams until sign off has taken place.
- To provide clear and concise reporting to the Senior Management Team on budgeted spend vs actual spend across the different products and teams.
- To manage cross-shore product development teams.
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Ensures business stakeholders and key users review the output of development work in line with the cadence set for each product.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps senior management and delivery stakeholders well informed of status of development efforts and serves as liaison between product teams and overall management team.
- Owns the development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks across the different product sets.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services in to our product.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with development team and wider business stakeholders.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organised presentations to product teams and to business.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each product owner’s product aspirations.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with development organisation.
- Manages interaction and expectations regarding development efforts.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors developers and senior developers through formal and informal channels.
- Trains other innovators and clients through both formal and informal training programs.
- Challenges fellow innovators to progress toward their professional development goals.
- Leads internal teams/task forces.
- Lead Developer
- Project Manager
- Agile Project Manager
- Business Analysis Manager
- Test Manager
Essential Skills & Experience
- Understands complex system design and has experience of managing technical inter-dependencies.
- Understands the benefits of the various programming languages and platforms.
- Easily recognises system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Inspire co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Possesses significant knowledge of distributed internet systems architectures and remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Software engineering background
- Windows Server 2008R2 / 2012R2, IIS 7/8, AWS, Git, Linux, Ansible, PowerShell, Python, Java, Jenkins Pipeline DSL, SQL, loadbalancer running Nginx, DevOps, Microservice architecture, containerisation, Consul, Zookeeper, Splunk, Prometheus, NoSQL, Couchbase, C# .NET, Agile Scrum
Contact Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection for further details.