Salary: £70,000 - £75,000 + benefits & bonus
A global financial business solutions provider, my client has with offices around the world delivering outsourcing solutions for private client firms and institutional broker dealers.
From its UK offices in London, Liverpool and Manchester, the company provides operational, IT, regulatory, and investment support and solutions for clients in the UK and continental Europe who are developing their European business and growing market share in Europe.
The highly experienced senior management team is complemented by the expertise of operations and IT professionals, relationship management teams, conversion specialists, and product development units, all working together to support the growth of our clients' businesses.
Reporting to the Director of Production Services the position is responsible for defining the service delivery strategies; prioritise overall team efforts towards serving the business and their customers by delivering value in the form of IT services.
The role shall also interact with the CIO and occasionally UK CEO.
Standardise processes across the department and coordinate from a single source. Expected to develop and manage multiple customer relationships within various business units to ensure end user satisfaction and the development of efficient business systems or services to meet customer needs. Manage efforts of various IT professionals and acts as a liaison between business units and IT.
The IT Relationship Management team are part of the larger Production Services department. The team follows the ITIL Service Management framework covering Incident, Problem and Change Management on a 24x7x365 basis, as well as acting as an interface between technology, business and clients focussing upon the quality of service provisioning.
The team also manages many aspects of Service Level Management inclusive of reporting, trend analysis and the creation and implementation of Continual Service Improvement and manage the relationship between the organisation’s technology department, and client infrastructure teams.
- Ownership of ITIL processes (Continued Service Improvement, Incident, Problem, Change, Service Level and Release Management).
- Day to day management of three IT Service Managers, effectively prioritise activities and ensure that team is appropriately resourced, motivated and developed.
- Major Incident Manage critical incident throughout the entire lifecycle until service restoration, including coordination of multi-location CTS/CSD resources. Communicate incident progress; escalate to senior technology and business managers.
- Perform Problem Management RCA’s (root cause analysis) reviews, ensure root cause have been identified and resolved in a satisfactory manner.
- Conduct technology CAB (Change Management Advisory Board) meetings and manage conflicts accordingly with Business or IT owners.
- Identification of areas in need of improvement (CSIP) and aid in the implementation of the effective solutions to ensure service level agreements are met.
- Represent UK IT in OLA (Operational Level Agreement) and SLA (Service Level Agreement) review discussions with business unit and/or with IT service providers.
- Manage the relationship with client organisations
- Conduct Service review meetings with business units and IT providers both Internal and 3rd party.
- Facilitate and represent Pershing UK IT in DR (Disaster Recovery) and Business Continuity related events.
- Produce various MIS reports on service performance and achievement to the Customer and Support Teams at an appropriate level.
- Facilitate and manage Project Management activities as and when required according to company process and procedures.
- Develop and produce reports on metrics to measure performance against agreed upon service level agreements.
Professional Qualifications Experience
- Essential: ITIL Foundation & Service Operation certification
- Essential: Strong Incident Management experience
- Desired: ITIL Expert (Managing Across the Lifecycle)
- Desired: Problem Management experience
- Desired: Service Level Management experience
- Desired: Good understanding of VPN/MPLS technologies
- Desired PRINCE II certification
- Essential: The candidate must be a confident leader and work towards gaining a thorough knowledge of the entire IT environment
- The right candidate will be very customer focused with the ability to implement service improvement initiatives where necessary.
- The candidate will have strong arbitration and negotiation skills and demonstrate they have excellent experience in dealing with senior management both technical and non-technical with the ability to communicate incident status clearly and confidently in what can be a highly stressful atmosphere with multiple teams engaged