VP: £100,000 - £115,000 + bonus & benefits
AVP: £80,000 - £85,000 + bonus & benefits
Working within a global investment bank’s FMSD (Financial Markets Solution Delivery) - a world class technology group - to provide Core Java technical risk management solutions to support the bank’s Financial Markets business.
The team brings a deep understanding of the market, a scientific approach, and innovative technologies to bear on the challenges of profitable trading in a highly competitive environment.
The organisation prides itself on having smart technologists. Team culture is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful and multiple career advancement pathways are available.
There are multiple posts available from Associate Vice President (AVP) to Vice President (VP) level offering a competitive base, high employer pension contributions, and discretionary bonus taking the packages into six figures. The organisation also has generous holiday – 30 days – and provides family health cover.
- Operate as a self-starting, trusted, senior developer
- Write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
- Demonstrate good software design principles in all work, write robust Java code along with accompanying test suites
- Work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
- Hold responsibility for the full development lifecycle for implementing the Bank’s Java based risk management system.
- Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Provide advanced technical support
- Ensure all software is incorporated into the CI/CD process
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- 5+ years hands on Java development in banking (investment banking a strong plus)
- Core Java and Oracle
- Data processing systems
- SCRUM and Agile.
- End-to-end design, development and support of risk management systems
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Development experience with a functional language, such as Haskel
- Hadoop technology stack
- Spark and Cassandra
- Data and compute grid experience a plus
- Experienced with a Structured/Derivatives business
Contact Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection for more information.