Working within a global investment bank’s derivatives pricing division, the development team provides world class technology to support the financial markets business.
The organisation prides itself on having smart technologists across the financial markets domain. Team culture is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful and multiple career advancement pathways are available.
As a senior developer, you’ll be responsible for delivering first class software to tight timelines, working in partnership with a dynamic global team with other technologists, BAs, PMs and business stakeholders.
There are two posts available, both offering a competitive base, high employer pension contributions, and discretionary bonus taking the packages into six figures.
- Excellent Java developer with good software design principles and the ability to write robust code and accompanying test suites
- Design and build smart, scalable solutions
- Write efficient, clear code, able to articulate what has been implemented and why
- Experience of an agile development environment
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Take ownership and responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- A team player, capable of engaging with other teams in Technology
- Experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of financial markets systems
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
- Provide second line support
- Familiarity or experience in micro-services and container technologies (preferably Docker)
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps
Qualification & Skills
Essential technical skills:
- 5+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
- Core Java (essential)
- Ability to develop latency sensitive systems
- Agile development
- Strong architectural and software engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale data processing systems
Desirable technical skills:
- Development experience on functional language, such as Haskell, is a plus.
- Any experience with NoSql/Spark would be advantageous
- Experience with git and Atlassian toolset
- Any experience in distributed data stores a plus
- Functional programming experience a plus
- Financial market domain knowledge
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Derivatives business is a plus
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self-starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments