My Client, who is a leading service organisation, is recruiting for an IT Auditor – Vice President level to join their Internal Audit function in Manchester.
Internal Audit carries out independent reviews across all areas of management activity, including ad-hoc reviews at the request of management, involvement in key projects and reviews of systems under development, and formally reports findings with recommendations to the Audit Committee, Executive, Senior and Line management.
The department is responsible for reporting on risks and the control environment across all areas of the business and the support functions to senior management and to provide management with reasonable assurance that operating controls are adequate and effective.
- Responsible for conducting audits, managing stakeholder relationships, agreed with department’s management, and monitoring of technology functions.
- Acts as liaison with the business audit team to ensure their full understanding of technology scope and validate key data flows, key applications and associated risks.
- Leads or participates in the planning stage of an audit and develops risk based audit work programs with relevant key automated controls.
- Managing people on discrete projects on a consistent basis with little oversight when leading.
- Executes audit work program and evaluates scoped automated controls in collaboration with peers and management.
- Documents work in line with department methodology. Identifies technology issues and provides control remediation suggestions whilst tracking them to completion.
- Performing tasks within department policies, methodologies and standards.
- Qualified IT Auditor with strong experience in technology audit with an industry company or a leading consulting / Big 4 firm.
- Skilled in conducting detailed technology audit reviews: collecting and analysing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Knowledge detailed experience of application technology controls, general computing controls development environments, user acceptance testing, change management and end user computing controls.
- Knowledge of operating system technology, databases, Web-based technology, and basic infrastructure control issues. Experience in assessing IT infrastructure control environments in both mainframe and distributed platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills for performing interviews, negotiating issues and resolving problems. Also, ability to self-motivate and able to take ownership of tasks allocated, with limited supervision over once understanding of our methodologies.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted IS audit standards, statements and practices
- Experience in supervising application reviews on an integrated basis, and taking responsibility for audits from planning to reporting and issue follow-up.
- Experience with advanced technological auditing techniques such as continuous auditing, and security assessment tools.