South West London
£60,000 - £65,000
A leading software house, my client supports the UK financial services community thrive in an ever-changing market through making their operations more professional and profitable. They deliver this by continually developing a best-in-class, web-based business management system to help their clients compete and win.
Built specifically for the UK market, utilising extensive technical expertise coupled with years of experience of the UK financial services sector, the system delivers touch button market analysis and aggregates data through integration across multiple client platforms and plugins.
The company’s success is built on the commitment of its people. As trusted technology experts, they have a market reputation as dependable, hardworking and passionate about delivering the absolute best in business management solutions for our clients.
Excellence is encouraged through a strong collaborative culture where individual performance is recognised and team results rewarded. This drive has resulted in a quadrupling of size over the last five years, and securing significant investment from global backers.
An innovative, independent working environment and a first class benefits package is offered, including: 25 days’ holiday, pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, discretionary bonus scheme and a variety of sports and social activities.
Reporting to the Development Team Lead, the Senior Developer shall:
- Take responsibility for delivery of all development tasks assigned within agreed deadlines.
- Produce technical design specifications for large system enhancements and ensure they are reviewed by the team lead.
- Review the code of other members of the team and ensure also their own code is reviewed.
- Ensure code enhancements are demonstrated to both business analysis and testing prior to committing.
- Assist in enforcing adherence to framework guidelines published by Architecture.
- Assist in enforcing adherence to development standards, guidelines, and directives laid down by Development Management.
- Mentor and train more junior developers within their team.
- Assist in the recruitment process for new developers or senior developers when requested.
- Contribute to setting development standards, guidelines, and directives.
- Create or reviewing technical design specifications for new system features.
- Identify risk areas with development task lists to their Team Lead so that Development Management and Project Management can plan for contingency.
- Review and or create post-design effort commitments from assigned task lists.
- Deliver features and code in line with post-design estimates and commitments.
- Perform reviews of code produced by their team, ensuring both consistency of quality and relevance of the solution in meeting requirements.
- Assist in ensuring that code delivered that is within the framework delivered by Architecture.
- Assist in ensuring that code delivered adheres to development standards, guidelines, and directives laid down by Development Management.
- Create documentation for use in the training of other developers that describes how application features are designed and implemented.
- Create and review of automated unit tests to incrementally increase code coverage and quality.
- Perform induction and training for new joiners within their team.
- Peer review designs and code of any developers regardless of seniority and likewise to ensure that one's own designs and code are reviewed.
- Good knowledge and technical skills in the .NET platform
- MVC 4 Razor
- SQL Server 2008+
- NHibernate or equivalent ORM
- Design Patterns and Practices
- Mature development practices.
- Understanding of good software design principles.
- Knowledge of other platforms and alternative methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile SCRUM and XP.
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Service Oriented Architecture
- 6 or more years’ development experience
- Relevant degree, or equivalent.
To register interest, forward a CV to Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection