Our client, a leading Financial Services organisation, are currently seeking an experienced Risk Manager to work with Global Operations Control to ensure the control environment within the business unit is sound and the business unit is meeting client needs.
- Work with Section Manager to complete all control and risk management responsibilities for the assigned business unit in accordance with Corporate Policies and Procedures, Regulatory requirements and Legal practices.
- Coordinate risk related projects and initiatives at the direction of the Embedded Control Section Manager.
- Identify significant business changes and where appropriate direct and / or coordinate preparation of required analysis to review changes, ensure proper mitigating controls, and approval for changes.
- Perform periodic focused process/control reviews to ensure risks are correctly identified and managed. Implement control changes, as needed.
- Work with Managers, Global Operations Control and Sector Risk to create appropriate documentation supporting identification and mitigation of risks (Risk and Control Self Assessment Documentation (RCSA)
- Identify recommendations to improve the quality of internal controls and mitigate the risks, both current and predicted. Ensures recommendations are implemented and monitored.
- Develop and conduct a testing program to ensure policies, procedures and controls are adequate and effectively implemented to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Ensure continuous oversight and update of control testing program and reviews.
- Monitor Internal Audit/Regulatory findings and Gaps and for timely resolution by the Business Unit.
- Experience of Risk/Control/Internal Audit within Financial Services is essential
- 5 years of Financial Operations and/or Risk related experience
- Previous risk and audit experience is preferred.
If you feel you are right for this role, please apply online or contact Jon Garrod on 0113 274 3000.