Internal Audit carries out independent reviews across all areas of management activity, including ad-hoc reviews at the request of management, involvement in key projects and reviews of systems under development, and formally reports findings with recommendations to the Audit Committee, Executive, Senior and Line management.
The department is responsible for reporting on risks and the control environment across all areas of the business and the support functions to senior management and to provide management with reasonable assurance that operating controls are adequate and effective.
- Responsible for conducting audits, managing stakeholder relationships, agreed with department’s management, and monitoring of technology functions.
- Acts as liaison with the business audit team to ensure their full understanding of scope and validate key data flows, key applications and associated risks.
- Leads or participates in the planning stage of an audit and develops risk based audit work programs with relevant key controls.
- Managing people on discrete projects on a consistent basis with little oversight when Auditor In Charge.
- Contribute to planning stage of the an audit and define project scope.
- Evaluate project controls
- Executes audit work program and evaluates scoped controls in collaboration with peers and management.
- Documents work in line with department methodology. Identifies technology issues and provides control remediation suggestions whilst tracking them to completion.
- Performing tasks within department policies, methodologies and standards.
- Ideally a qualified Auditor / Accountant with strong relevant experience in audit of projects or change programmes.
- Experience of auditing complex high risk change programmes taking responsibility from planning to reporting and issue follow up.
- Skilled in conducting detailed audit reviews: collecting and analysing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Strong interpersonal skills for performing auditee interviews, negotiating issues and resolving problems. Also, ability to self-motivate and able to take ownership of tasks allocated, with limited supervision over once understanding of our methodologies.