You will be involved in a wide range of pensioner payroll and management tasks. As Team Leader you will support the Head of Pensions Payroll in ensuring the payroll service delivery in terms of quality, profit and sustainability for a given portfolio of clients, as well as assisting in the day to day management of the designated team.
- Monthly updating and processing of pensioner payrolls
- Handling pensioner queries, getting involved in more complex queries from other payroll administrators as required
- Assisting pension scheme auditors, arranging audit visits and liaising between the client and auditor as required
- Providing expert advice to clients and the payroll administrators within the team; keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions industry and identifying the impact on Payroll.
- Ensuring that systems and processes are kept up to date for changing legislation, liaising with external suppliers where required
- Managing the in-house BACS bureau and ensuring ongoing accreditation through triennial audits
- Supervising and checking the work of other payroll administrators, ensuring adherence to processes; follow up on errors that impact on teams outside of Payroll
- Monitoring SLAs and statutory deadlines
- Significant previous payroll experience required which involves the running of payrolls on a computerised system, balancing month-end and year-end returns
- Experience of Northgate Arinso payroll software is desirable
- Expert knowledge of PAYE and other payroll legislation
- Previous experience of supervising/managing a team including performance monitoring, appraisals, recruitment and workflow management responsibilities.
Please apply online or call Jon Garrod on 0113 274 3000