Salary: £50,000 – 60,000
A global financial services organisation of over 30,000 staff, providing advisory, pensions, risk management and broking services to clients around the world.
It designs and delivers solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals.
As part of the wider Development Team, this post shall be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the existing Payroll System.
The post holder will liaise with the Payroll Department, Business Analysis team, End Users and third party service providers as appropriate. This position requires a passion for technical design, development, problem solving, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
This is high volume payroll system, with UK PAYE gross to net calculations and rapid updates upon PAYE legislation changes. Liaison with HMRC regarding PAYE and RTI queries from a systems perspective and with other international payrolls is standard.
- Gathering and/or filtering requirements, impact analysis and specifying business and IT solutions for projects and/or enhancement requests to the payroll system.
- Interacting with other developers, business analysts and business stake holders to produce a high level technical specification/solution document ensuring technical compatibility and end user satisfaction.
- Producing logical systems design models where appropriate in conjunction with Senior Systems Analyst/System Architect.
- Convincing and presenting high level solutions to end users and/or stake holders.
- Compiling and maintaining system test conditions and test cases reflecting requirements documentation.
- Executing test scripts against new system functionality to ensure that the system meets requirements. Regression test system where applicable.
- Maintaining system test documentation to ensure completeness.
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- Experience of working on high volume payroll systems
- Ability to understand and translate the process of UK PAYE gross to net calculations to a highly accurate degree.
- Understanding of current PAYE legislation
- Knowledge of:
- Payroll system lifecycle, including UK and Overseas Payrolls.
- HMRC PAYE calculation requirements.
- HMRC Real Time Information (RTI) processing requirements.
- HMRC EDI P6 and P9 Tax Code Change processing requirements.
- Industry standard testing techniques.
- Software development and testing lifecycles.
- Understands and can communicate well on all aspects of the software development lifecycle e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, documentation and associated methods (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Experience of accounting concepts and integrating with accounting software
- Previous experience of liaising with HMRC regarding PAYE and RTI queries from a systems perspective
- Knowledge of international Payrolls.
- Large payroll projects within financial services
- Knowledge of UNIX, Oracle along with some coding skills in C, Pro*C, SQL and PL/SQL.
- System development preferably under UNIX and Oracle
- Background in software development and architecture.
- Knowledge of using source code control system such as PVCS