The aim of the role is to provide an effective and efficient payroll administration service to clients, whilst participating in achieving team objectives.
- Performing various administration tasks e.g. handling of new entrants, leavers, retirements, transfers and deaths
- Adhering to best practice procedures in all aspects of payroll administration related tasks as defined by the Company
- Updating relevant payroll administration databases and systems
- Logging and scanning post/correspondence
- Handling both Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) queries
- Receiving and handling internal and external telephone queries
- Processing payroll data using the electronic payroll system (Northgate Arinso)
- Performing manual calculations if required, e.g. overpayments.
- Previous office based experience ideally gained within the financial services or pensions industry would be advantageous.
- This role is likely to appeal to individuals with up to 12 months experience although not exclusive as all applications will be considered on an individual basis
- Able to demonstrate a basic awareness and/or knowledge of pensions industry
- Able to demonstrate a numerical aptitude evidenced by work related experience or academic achievements as listed below
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.