My client is a successful financial services organisation looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to join their London based Fund Accounting team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified accountant from a financial services or practice background to join a business where they can make a real impact.
- Produce management, statutory interim and statutory year end accounts ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards, relevant SORPs and other regulations
- Prepare schedules and information in relation to board meetings ensuring timely and accurate delivery to agreed timetables and SLA standards
- Complete monthly audit reviews to validate the accuracy of accounting records.
- Prepare / review income forecasts
- Liaise with internal and external parties including clients, auditors, tax consultants etc.
- Build relationships with internal senior stakeholders.
- Ensure effective recording and resolution of external / internal queries
- Be aware of the risks of team operations and deliverables and assist in their management ensuring required controls maintained and compliance with procedures
- Part Qualified or Qualified ACA/ACCA/CA
- Prior practical accounting experience in a financial institution or professional services firm
- Sound double entry and financial accounting knowledge including UK GAAP/IFRS or equivalent standards exposure
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and colleagues on a day to day basis.
- Ability to consistently work accurately under pressure
- Previous experience and knowledge of real estate or private equity fund administration is advantageous.
- Excellent systems skills, in particular Excel