Location: Ipswich or London
A global financial services organisation of over 30,000 staff, providing advisory, business intelligence, pensions, risk management and broking services to clients around the world.
It designs and delivers solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals.
On joining, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including: a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and corporate deals.
The Team - Corporate risk and broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The successful candidate will play an active role in the Analytics Centre of Expertise providing BI & Analytics advisory, support and delivery capabilities to the wider group. Working alongside GIS, developers and Data Science specialists, this new corporate capability will support the company’s sales teams and analysts develop analytics solutions and insights for their respective business units.
- Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools.
- Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions.
- Document specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
- Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs.
- Work with Service Management and application support functions to maintain or update shared business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
- Disseminate information regarding tools, reports, or metadata enhancements via community forums, training and stakeholder groups.
- Understand the internal and external data landscape and work with the Data Strategy team to make data more discoverable and available for analytics purposes.
- Conduct or coordinate tests and quality assurance to ensure that analytics and intelligence are consistent with defined needs.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to identify insights that are actionable by line-of-business teams.
- Identify and analyse industry or geographic trends with business strategy implications.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- Communicate with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
- Collect business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources.
- Analyse technology trends to identify markets for future product development
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Leads Pilot engagements and supports customers through value derived from the engagement:
- Communicates with product management to help shape the product roadmap
- Prioritizes and manages several projects simultaneously, driving projects through to completion.
- Experience developing and supporting Microsoft BI and reporting capabilities (PowerPivot, PowerBI, PowerView, SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Experience implementing enterprise software solutions
- Demonstrated data analytics proficiency
- Creativity and curiosity regarding data, ability to identify patterns in disparate data source
- Experience in both agile and classic waterfall implementations
- Strong communication and customer management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Drives discovery sessions with senior business leaders and IT
- Proven experience developing and supporting one or more major Analytics tools e.g. Spotfire, Tableau etc.
- Strong competence working with SQL Server databases as a data source. Other databases advantageous.
- Competence developing data models and semantic layers to support analytics.
- Degree educated in an analytical subject. A bachelor's degree in business, management, accounting, economics, statistics, information science or similar. Masters level or above would be an advantage
- Ability to integrate into a time critical business environment and meet challenging time lines.
- Ability to work with colleagues spanning different technology disciplines to deliver optimal customer outcomes.
- Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and attention to detail with the ability to look at the data trends and recommend solutions.
- Ability to process and understand data quickly and creatively.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good data analysis skills resulting in timely decision making.
- Demonstrates excellent process, documentation, team participation and problem solving skills.
To apply, forward a CV to Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection