You’ll be joining a scrum of fantastic people, delivering a platform which has been so successful it’s about to be launched into France, Italy, Canada and Singapore.
The team has already scooped ‘Digital Company of the Year’ at the Data, Analytics & Technology Awards.
Software delivery is approached with an Agile mind-set, focused on delivering rapid, small, value-driven enhancements. We achieve that with our scrum teams that include Scrum Masters, Developers, Testers, BAs, Solution Designers and DevOps Engineers to create brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you’ll sustain the culture of continuous improvement both from a process and technical perspective, ensuring that:
- When the code leaves development it is production ready.
- If you change code you only ever make it better: Ratchet.
- SOLID/KISS principles are followed.
- Keep re-use at the forefront of your mind.
- Only design and build software that is cloud ready.
- Frequently deliver high value features to our customers.
- Focus on building great stuff.
You’ll be responsible for:
- .Net MVC application architecture and client based application development using a range of tech.
- Technical Lead for scrum teams in the creation and expansion of our Web applications.
- Software Engineering – improving speed to market at a reduced unit cost.
- Radically transforming the engineering and delivery process.
- Supporting & sharing best practice with teams.
- Evangelising and leading the way on creating a technical culture of innovation.
- Working with architects to design and implement solutions that align with business requirements.
- Providing technical expertise and technical leadership whilst collaborating with teams operating across the globe.
- Excellent knowledge of industry direction and trends within Web and Mobile application development.
- Experienced working within an agile environment; able to identify and create epics, write user stories, t-shirt sizing and pointing.
- Not be afraid to fail whilst also wanting to celebrate success.
- Knowledge and experience of leading the implementation of modern software engineering practices, such as Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development, Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Maven), Code Analysis software (Sonar, CheckMarx).
- With some commercial experience of:
- Responsive design for mobile and tablet devices.
- Source Code Management (GIT, SVN).
- Web services experience (XML, REST, SOAP).
- And if you don’t have experience of some of the above then the urge to learn about it.
To apply, forward a CV to Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection