Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + benefits, excellent pension & bonus
Duration: Full Time - Permanent
Essential: Multiple years’ experience in a large corporate environment of leading service desk and incident management, problem, change and continuous service improvement
A global financial business solutions provider, my client has with offices around the world delivering outsourcing solutions for private client firms and institutional broker dealers.
From its UK offices in London, Liverpool, Manchester, the company provides operational, IT, regulatory, and investment support and solutions for clients in the UK and continental Europe who are developing their European business and growing market share in Europe.
The highly experienced senior management team is complemented by the expertise of operations and IT professionals, relationship management teams, conversion specialists, and product development units, all working together to support the growth of our clients' businesses.
The IT Relationship Management team are part of the larger Production Services department. The team follows the ITIL Service Management framework covering Incident, Problem and Change Management on a 24x7x365 basis, as well as acting as an interface between technology, business and clients focussing upon the quality of service provisioning.
The team also manages many aspects of Service Level Management inclusive of reporting, trend analysis and the creation and implementation of Continual Service Improvement and manage the relationship between the organisation’s technology department, and client infrastructure teams.
- Provide Incident Management leadership for the recovery of major incidents on a 24x7x365 basis
- Ensures adequate resolution, communication plans, and escalation to the business and senior IT management during major incidents
- Directs the efforts of the identified IT teams to determine the short and long term fixes required to resolve incidents
- Be able to understand complex technical scenarios and articulate in layman’s terms to the business
- Answer, mediate and facilitate ’technical’ discussions between the external client, network team and internal application support
- Owns the Incident Management process, relevant documentation and future strategy
- Ensure the root cause of all incidents is identified and documented.
- Performing RCA (root cause analysis) reviews and log tasks that need to be tracked in Remedy to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure all Problem Management tasks are closed in a timely manner
- Conduct technology CAB (Change Management Advisory Board) meetings and manage conflicts accordingly with Business or IT owners
- Conduct Service review meetings with clients, business units and IT providers both Internal and 3rd party, inclusive of the production of meeting minutes and task allocation & tracking
- Produce MIS reporting for ITIL processes against defined KPIs.
- Identify, initiate and own service improvement plans and aid in the implementation of the effective solutions to ensure service level agreements are met.
- Represent the company’s UK IT in OLA (Operational Level Agreement) and SLA (Service Level Agreement) review discussions with business unit and /or with IT service providers.
Professional Qualifications Experience
Essential: ITIL Foundation
Essential: Strong Incident Management experience
Desired: ITIL Service Operation
- The candidate must be a confident leader and work towards gaining a thorough knowledge of the entire IT environment
- The right candidate will be very customer focused with the ability to implement service improvement initiatives where necessary.
- The candidate will have strong arbitration and negotiation skills and demonstrate they have excellent experience in dealing with senior management both technical and non-technical with the ability to communicate incident status clearly and confidently in what can be a highly stressful atmosphere with multiple teams involved.
To register interest, forward a CV to Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection