A global financial services organisation of over 30,000 staff, providing advisory, business intelligence, pensions, risk management and broking services to clients around the world.
It designs and delivers solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals.
On joining, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including: a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and corporate deals.
Analytics Technology (AT) is made up of cross-functional teams of software development specialists, geospatial information specialists and catastrophe and financial model builders.
These teams bring best-in-class analytics, thought-leadership and expertise in designing, building and supporting industry standard risk analysis tools.
AT is also responsible for the delivery of three major group-wide strategic change programmes, involving significant data, analytics, and externally facing technology components.
The Data Programme is a group-wide initiative to support the company in its strategic objective to become 'The’ Analytical Broker by delivering the data repositories, tools and processes to deliver insightful analytics to internal and external consumers based on high quality, well governed data.
An accomplished Business Analyst is required to join our Strategic Data Programme. The successful candidate will lead the analysis for the Party Lifecycle and Data Quality/Data Governance workstreams of the programme.
To be effective in this role you will bring expertise in all areas of business analysis, from supporting the early development of opportunities, performing detailed analysis and design through to supporting quality assurance and the deployment of solutions into the operational environment
The successful applicant will work within a matrix environment, reporting to the Analytics Technology BA Function as well as through to the BA Lead on the Data Programme.
This is an exceptional opportunity to play a key part in the transformation of a global financial services organisation.
- Work with all in-scope business areas to elicit, define, prioritise and document business requirements, including challenging existing processes where appropriate
- Lead and facilitate requirements gathering and solution workshops with stakeholders, suppliers and functional/technical subject matter experts
- Complete detailed analyses of:
- Systems impacts of new/changed functional processes to provide a detailed definition of gap/fit to requirements, including any requirements for integration between systems
- Data flows and business/accounting requirements to clearly define: data content, formatting, mapping, cleansing, enhancement, validation, exceptions handling, access, retention and storage requirements
- Engage with Data Strategy/Data Architecture function to ensure programme activities are aligned with evolving corporate data strategy, particularly in the areas of Data Quality and Data Governance
- Lead analysis on the Party Lifecycle work-stream to ensure business requirements are developed consistently with corporate strategy and in a way that enables efficient and effective technology delivery team activity (design, build/implement, test and deploy)
- Lead analysis on the Data Quality/Data Governance work-stream to ensure business requirements are developed consistently with corporate strategy and in a way that enables efficient and effective technology delivery team activity (design, build/implement, test and deploy)- to include supporting related corporate initiatives; including business rules definition
- Liaise with technical specialists and other business analysts from the company and 3rd parties to define/design appropriate end-to-end solutions, ensuring these meet both defined business requirements and Group Technology principles/roadmaps
- Support integration of data programme solutions with other corporate initiatives, including CRM, workflow, analytics and client technology solutions
- Support the QA process on projects by contributing to QA/testing strategies/plans, reviewing testing documentation, reporting progress of testing, contributing to production of test cases and answering general queries from QA analysts
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders to report on progress against agreed deliverables and to highlight/escalate any issues or barriers to delivery
- Support business change activities, where required, including training and preparation of user documentation
- Experience of working within large data initiatives and/or data warehousing projects is mandatory for this role.
- Systems and process analysis experience and an in-depth understanding of the systems development process and overall project lifecycle
- Experience in delivering business analysis to projects with a significant data dimension e.g. analytics, data warehouse, strategic reporting, dashboards
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, customer oriented, with excellent business acumen and client facing skills
- Self-assured, dynamic, open to ideas, and able to influence others.
- Proficient in production of business and technical diagrams such as BPMN 2.0, use case, data flow and sequence diagrams
- Able to manage a complex set of activities across multiple workstreams. Experience of planning and understand impact of changing demands on work plans & resources
- Able to challenge and prioritise user requirements
- Experience leading and providing direction to in-house, contract and vendor resources
- Reference data domain project knowledge/experience and transactional data warehousing within the insurance industry
- Good knowledge of data quality and data governance principles (including regulatory aspects such as GDPR) ideally in a financial services environment, is also highly desirable
- Understanding how data from multiple sources can be used to drive effective analytics solutions
- Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modelling experience.
- Developing system interface specifications.
- Experience of data mapping from source systems to target model.
- Involvement in projects where there has been a significant integration component
- Understanding of regulatory environments (FCA)
- Experience of working in a financial services organisation, preferably with exposure to the insurance industry/insurance broking - where this directly relevant experience is not available, we will be looking for an ability to rapidly become effective in a new, unfamiliar environment
- Use of strategic tooling, Sparx Enterprise Architect, IBM Blueworks, Trillium and Collibra
- ISEB/BCS diploma in Business Analysis
To apply, forward a CV to Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection