This IT Technician / IT Engineer role is for an IT business; based in Market Weighton on the outskirts of York; who are experts in utilising new and emerging technologies and applying them to all sizes of businesses, from sole traders to national companies. They focus on the pro-active monitoring and management of systems they provide for customers’ IT needs, including project management, consultancy, implementation, IP telephony and technical support.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that support calls are dealt with in a professional manner and within the designated Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Monitoring, fixing and resolution of workstation/ peripherals/ hardware issues.
- Monitoring backups on a daily basis.
- Responsibility for managing, owning and resolving customer issues from start through to completion.
- Travelling between various client sites throughout the UK as and when required.
Previous experience in an IT support role supporting both Mac OSX and Windows operating systems is required along with skills in:
- Hardware maintenance & installation.
- Software installation and troubleshooting.
- Managed Services environment.
- Cloud Technologies (e.g. Cloud 365 / Azure).
- Rollout/desktop support/server admin.
- Microsoft Office Suite and MS desktop operating systems – install / config / maintenance.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Active Directory, Group policy, Exchange.
- Internet Technologies – TCP/IP & DNS.
- Peripheral/ mobile device support and integration (iOS/Android).
- Understanding of virtualization platforms such as VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, Terminal Server.
- Knowledge of Routers, Switches, Firewalls & Comms.
- Microsoft Certification or equivalent (desirable).
- Experience of Cisco IOS (desirable).
The perfect candidate for the role will have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving, attention to detail and excellent time management and organisation skills. You need to be able to build rapport with customers whether the communication is by phone, email or face to face and convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
On offer is the opportunity to join a company who want you to help them build the business, so will give you prospects you won’t get elsewhere! As well as a competitive salary you will be provided with a company phone and laptop.
If you are a self-starter with the ability to support IT projects unsupervised and have the skills required, contact Donna at BWD Search & Selection