This is a sector leading company, with first class offices, an excellent working environment and low staff turnover.
The role is shift based Monday to Friday, with early shifts from 7.00am, and late shifts finishing 10.00pm. The business shall be moving to 24 hour support (Mon-Friday) with associated shifts, at some point during 2017 – applicants must be happy with this.
This is a permanent post paying £18,000 base with a £2700 shift allowance, plus a 6 monthly bonus and high employer pension contribution.
There is real opportunity for progression, with staff previously moving into the networks, and security teams.
- Administration tasks including RedHat Linux creation and manipulation of user accounts and printers
- Responding to internal helpdesk calls, providing IT support
- Liaising with users with email and phone
- Generating reports
- Amending and creating procedures as necessary
- Monitoring RedBox voice recording system
- Daily checks and backups across all systems with HP Data Protector
- Initiating overnight batch processing
- Escalating problems when required
- Working with the development and business applications teams
- Good IT knowledge and interest in technology
- Familiarity with Windows and standard Microsoft Office desktop applications
- Educated to GCSE level
- RedHat Linux experience
- University or professional IT qualifications advantageous
Forward a CV to Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection to register interest.