The role is responsible for the performance and supervision of work necessary to provide Specialist Fund Accounting services to a number of Investment Trusts.
- Statutory Financial Reporting
- Board paper and other reporting
- Technical support and oversight for NAV calculation functions & core Fund Accounting processing
- Prepare accounts and subsidiary information for Investment Trusts ensuring timely and accurate delivery to agreed timetables and SLA standards and ensure compliance with appropriate accounting standards, relevant SORPs and other regulations
- Prepare schedules and information in relation to Investment Trust’s board meetings ensuring timely and accurate delivery to agreed timetables and SLA standards
- Complete monthly audit reviews to validate the accuracy of accounting records
- Support for the completion of income forecasts
- Where appropriate or required deputise for Senior Investment Trust accountants and provide cover and support for Pricing Accountants and for other Investment Trust teams
- Experienced accountant with sound double entry and financial accounting knowledge including UK GAAP or equivalent standards exposure
- Knowledge of the securities industry with experience in an FCA regulated business [preferable]
- Experience of fund accounting environment including coverage of pricing, statutory and other reporting [preferable]
- Experience of AIC SORP requirements and financial reporting for Investment Trust or equivalent vehicles [preferable]
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel.
- Accounting qualification (part of fully qualified) or qualified by experience