Internal Audit carries out independent reviews across all areas of management activity, including ad-hoc reviews at the request of management, involvement in key projects and reviews of systems under development, and formally reports findings with recommendations to the Audit Committee, Executive, Senior and Line management.
The department is responsible for reporting on risks and the control environment across all areas of the business and the support functions to senior management and to provide management with reasonable assurance that operating controls are adequate and effective.
- Responsible for conducting audits, managing stakeholder relationships, agreed with department’s management.
- Acts as liaison with the business audit team to ensure their full understanding of technology scope and validate key data flows, key applications and associated risks.
- Leads or participates in the planning stage of an audit and develops risk based audit work programs with relevant key controls.
- Managing people on discrete projects on a consistent basis
- Executes audit work program and evaluates controls in collaboration with peers and management.
- Documents work in line with department methodology. Identifies issues and provides control remediation suggestions whilst tracking them to completion.
- Performing tasks within department policies, methodologies and standards.
- Knowledge of key risks and anticipated controls which pertain to banking or financial services is essential. An understanding of the broader financial services industry and regulations would be an asset.
- Proven experience in reviewing controls and related processes.
- Qualified accountant or internal audit professional (ACA, CPA, ACCA, PIIA, MIIA)
- Degree educated with good education track record.
- Experience in working as part of a global team, capable of influencing and educating peers and stakeholders based both overseas and locally.
- Skilled in conducting detailed audit reviews, collecting and analysing complex data and providing comprehensive summaries to internal management and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and present audit issues whilst maintaining stakeholder relationships on ongoing basis.