Are you a Chartered Company Secretary and/or professionally qualified lawyer? Do you have previous experience in leading a Company Secretary function? Do you have vast experience in financial services, in particular insurance, investments and retirement solutions? Then this is the role for you!
In your new role as Head of Secretariat you will be leading a team of 6 people, including managers, supporting the corporate governance of the group and its directors and managing the day to day operation of Company Secretariat. Your responsibilities will include:
- Line manage the Company Secretariat team, and all its associated administrative and IT requirements (including Diligent and Blueprint) in the accurate governance of the Group and maintaining its statutory records.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Company Secretariat. working with the Heads of Group Risk, Group Compliance and the Executive PA’s.
- Maintain effective relationships between the Non-Executive Directors and the Group Executive through regular communication and support, to help provide a smooth and professional service.
- Provide legal and corporate governance support to the Board and Exco on matters relating to the Companies Acts, Friendly Societies Act and other legislation relevant to the governance and constitution of legal entities within the Group
- To participate in corporate projects across the Group and lead from a Secretariat perspective, initiatives such as Mutual Deferred Shares, capital raising, reinsurance and establishment of new legal entities.
- Previous experience leading a Company Secretariat function
- Professionally qualified as a lawyer and/or part-qualified chartered secretary
- Previous Financial Services experience
- Extensive technical knowledge of the law relating to companies
Please note the successful candidate will need to split their time between Bournemouth, London and some working from home
If this sounds like you please apply online or call Jon Garrod on 0113 274 3000