The excellent opportunity has arisen for Head of Risk & Compliance to join a boutique wealth management firm which provides personal and independent financial planning.
You will have high levels of influence and autonomy in shaping and implementing the compliance and risk framework within the Firm.
- Preparation of relevant management information in order that the Board can appropriately identify risks to the business
- Preparation and implementation of a comprehensive compliance monitoring programme to monitor the Group’s adherence to the FCA rule book and guidance along with other regulatory matter such as data protection
- Monitoring the Group’s appointed representatives
- Completing internal file monitoring and overseeing the completion of any resulting remedial actions
- Overseeing and monitoring client money and assets activities
- Overseeing the completion of GABRIEL reporting
- Overseeing and completing all other necessary regulator reporting and notifications including approved persons and change in control
- Implementing the Group’s training and competence procedure and supervising adviser and discretionary managers in accordance with FCA’s training and competence requirements.
- Providing training to staff as required on anti-money laundering requirements, complaints and any other regulatory matters as required
- Reviewing and approving the Group’s financial promotions
- Investigating and responding to complaints with oversight by the Board/compliance officer including liaising with the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Drafting and reviewing compliance procedures and disclosure documents, processes and templates as required.
- Maintaining the Firm’s compliance registers
- Liaising with the FCA on all regulatory matters
- Liaising with the Group’s compliance consultants
- Experienced in working in a compliance function and in financial services,proven ability to interpret and give guidance on complex legal and regulatory issues.
- Professional relationship management - Experienced and persuasive communicator at all levels including FCA liaison, both written and oral.
- Relevant financial planning qualifications: CII Diploma (Level 4) with active progression to Chartered status.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in the compliance functions of a Wealth Management business.
- Proven track record of managing teams within a regulated environment.
- Demonstrable ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to pro-actively manage workloads and prioritise tasks to ensure service standards are met – and manage team’s time.
- Ability to work under pressure, solve problems and develop workable solutions.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and relevant internal systems/databases.