Group Risk and Audit Manager
|Job Title:||Group Risk and Audit Manager|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Pension & Benefits Package|
|Contact Name:||Joanne McPherson|
|Job Published:||September 26, 2017 09:37|
If so, this may well be the opportunity for you, as a rapidly evolving national IFA business is looking to appoint a Group Risk and Audit Manager, to work in partnership with their Compliance Director to further enhance their risk management strategy and underpinning controls.
Your core duties and responsibilities would be as follows:
· Working in partnership with Board Level Director to devise, implement and maintain an effective risk management methodology and audit framework
· Promoting a risk aware culture and appropriate attitude to risk across complex business units and working in close partnership with the senior management team and the Board
· Coaching and training stakeholders on key risk procedures and policies whilst overseeing the overall risk register
· Supporting the Group Risk Committee meetings and managing stakeholders and outputs accordingly
· Producing risk MI and reporting with a view to evolving policies, reporting, controls and measures
· Conducting compliance monitoring and audits to ensure standards are being met, risks are identified and consequently mitigated
· Acting as champion of enterprise risk, compliance monitoring and audit in order to put risk at the heart of the business
· Working in conjunction with the wider business to promote adherence to internal processes and policies whilst also being aware of current and emerging FCA requirements that may impact the business
You will ideally have the following skills and experience:
· Demonstrable knowledge and experience of risk management frameworks, principles and methodologies
· Proven experience of compliance monitoring and audit within an IFA/financial planning environment
· QCF Level 4 as a minimum, any progression towards chartered status would be advantageous, but is not essential, the desire to attain level 6 is preferred
· Risk qualification for example IRM Certificate in Risk would be advantageous but is not essential
· Current and thorough knowledge of the UK’s regulatory requirements and FCA handbook within an advisory setting
· Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and challenge in a positive and engaging manner
· Competent with FS back office and reporting systems and the Microsoft suite of products e.g. Word & Excel
This is can be a home based role with national coverage, though there are a number of national locations where there may be the opportunity to work within an office setting if preferred. Frequent travel will be required as expected with a role of this scope and at this level.
You will enjoy a competitive basic salary and benefits package including Group Pension, DIS, Share Option Scheme and the opportunity to progress you career and professional competence by way of funded study support.
Should this opportunity catch your eye please click the ‘Apply’ button, or, alternatively send your CV to Joanne McPherson at BWD Search & Selection or call for a confidential chat.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's