The role is responsible advising VAT / GST, completion of quarterly returns, supporting projects, VAT Compliance and managing the various relationships both internally and externally with the authorities and relevant industry bodies.
• Advise on VAT/GST issues and provide indirect tax support for global project implementation, property transactions, acquisitions, mergers and new business opportunities, managing input from external advisors where necessary
• Oversee and review completion of the quarterly UK Group VAT returns, EC Sales lists, Annual Adjustment and Capital Good Scheme adjustment and ensure timely submission and payments
• Monitor and oversee VAT compliance of EMEA entities including liaison with regional Finance teams and managing of external advisor relationships.
• Develop and implement initiatives and improvements to optimise VAT recovery and ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
• Maintain and develop working relationships within the lines of business; including preparing and presenting on VAT issues where relevant to multiple stakeholders and varying levels in order to mitigate risk and raise tax team profile
• Work closely with relevant relationship managers and billing teams to review and agree VAT treatment of new products and/or services.
• Correspond, meet and negotiate with relevant UK and other Tax Authorities as appropriate to resolve audits/enquiries and obtain relevant clearances or rulings
• Represent on relevant industry body VAT groups
• Oversight, mentoring and development of staff member/s.
• Develop and maintain technical knowledge and expertise and disseminate updates, information and advice on legislative changes/case law and other relevant issues as appropriate.
- Accounting / Tax qualified (ACA, ACCA, CTA) with EU VAT experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with at least 4 within financial services
- Excellent communicator and gravitas to work closely with senior stakeholders.
- Some management or supervisory experience of at least 1 staff member.
- Would consider candidates stepping out of Big 4 with financial services experience.
- Ability to prioritise and organise multiple on-going projects