The role is required to understand the business and related accounting movements of the various group companies and is responsible for providing high quality reporting to the stakeholders. Another essential part to the role is to maintain the control environment through oversight. Provide management and effective leadership to the team ensuring quality is maintained.
Will also need to provide expertise around statutory and regulatory reporting and manage relationships with very senior stakeholders.
Responsibilities can be summarised across financial accounting / statutory reporting, internal controls, people management, senior stakeholder management and advisory.
To be considered for the position you will meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant ACA or ACCA within an audit practice followed by significant experience within financial services.
- Significant years of experience in the Financial Services industry with statutory reporting / financial accounting experience
- Strong knowledge with UK GAAP / IFRS
- Must have strong management experience able to demonstrate leading a high performing team.
- Familiar with change and projects
- Good decision maker, adaptable and proactive.
- First class communication skills and able to manage senior stakeholder relationships.