My client is a successful financial services organisation looking to recruit an experienced Financial Accountant on a 12 month contract, with accounts preparation and audit experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant from a financial services or banking background to join a business where they can make a real impact.
- Legal Entity reporting including statutory financial statements, internal reporting (to management and to the Boards) and local GAAP accounting.
- Key responsibilities relate to the production or review of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports in local and US GAAP working mainly on UK banking or Investment Servicing entities.
- The remit of the team is oversight, insight and communication around the legal entities assigned to them. The team are also responsible for managing the external audit process.
- Drafting of annual financial statements for certain legal entities
- Preparation of supporting schedules and liaison with auditors
- Preparation and review of reports for the Board of Directors of certain legal entities
- Preparation/review of consolidated results to input into regulatory returns (alternating with other team members)
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with Financial Services experience
- Audit and accounts preparation experience
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with UK GAAP / IFRS essential, US GAAP exposure would be desirable
- Experience of systems such as IMMS highly desirable
If you feel you are right for this role, please apply online or call Jon Garrod on 0113 274 3000