Salary: £50,000 – 60,000
A global financial services organisation of over 30,000 staff, providing advisory, pensions, risk management and broking services to clients around the world.
It designs and delivers solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals.
Sitting in the wider Development Team, this role shall be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of existing Defined Contribution Pension System.
You shall be liaising with the Business Analysis team, End Users and third party service providers as appropriate. This position requires a passion for technical design, development, problem solving, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Gathering and/or filtering requirements, impact analysis and specifying business and IT solutions for projects and/or enhancement request to the Defined Contribution Pension system.
- Interacting with other developers, business analysts and business stake holders to produce a high level technical specification/solution document ensuring technical compatibility and end user satisfaction.
- Producing logical systems design models where appropriate in conjunction with Senior Systems Analyst/System Architect.
- Convincing and presenting proposals by way of high level solutions to end users and/or stake holders.
- Compiling and maintaining system test conditions and test cases reflecting requirements documentation.
- Executing test scripts against new system functionality to ensure that the system meets requirements. Regression test system where applicable.
- Maintaining system test documentation to ensure completeness.
- Identifying, reporting and managing defects.
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- Experienced pension system developer
- Experience and understanding of how a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme operates.
- Experience of working within a large Defined Contribution Pension Scheme that had multiple fund managers.
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly, demonstrating understanding of the implications of technical issues on business requirements and / or operations.
- Knowledge of:
- Defined Contribution member lifecycle.
- Concept of Interfacing in and out
- Working with funds in different currencies.
- Understanding of Straight through DC Fund Manager Processing.
- Industry standard testing techniques.
- Software development and testing lifecycles.
- Understands and can communicate well on all aspects of the software development lifecycle e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, documentation and associated methods (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Knowledge of UNIX, Oracle along with some coding skills in C, Pro*C, Python, Perl, SQL and PL/SQL.
To apply, contact Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection