This is a unique, once-in-a-blue-moon opportunity to join global, independent fund administration consultancy in the capacity of a Compliance Manager and Money Laundering Reporting Officer, specialising in one of the most exciting areas of the current financial landscape: AML, Regulatory Compliance, Compliance Monitoring.
If YOU are: a qualified Compliance/AML specialist with enough ambition to take on a niche role and acquire one of the most in-demand competences in the industry.
As part of your role you will:
- Developing and overseeing control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Providing compliance leadership and guidance to management and relevant staff.
- Proactively identifying situations that may pose significant compliance risks and guide management in the development/review of applicable policies, procedures and business practices.
- Overseeing the compliance function in UK.
- Providing advice and training on anti-money laundering, sanctions and privacy matters and perform the role of MLRO; including carrying out AML risk assessments.
- Working actively with the EU Regional Head of Compliance and Data Protection ensuring delivery and completion of the annual Compliance plan.
- Supporting the EU Regional Head of Compliance and Data Protection in ensuring key areas of compliance risk are covered in the relevant offices and executed in a timely manner.
- Supervising and handling day to day AML tasks: reporting, liaising with law enforcement agencies and other external authorities.
- Account opening approval oversight, KYC periodic updates to KYC forms, on-going sanctions monitoring where necessary.
- Supervising and monitoring business risks in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures.
- Suspicious transaction monitoring and reporting to the relevant local authorities.
- Preparing reports for the regulator(s) and maintaining an open and positive working relationship with them.
- Ensuring all employees are aware of, and understand, their compliance responsibilities (including board members).
- Providing and organizing compliance training for staff.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments (both internally and externally) as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Proven experience of Compliance within asset management, fund management or wealth management.
- A strong and comprehensive knowledge of the relevant law, rules and guidance of the regulatory bodies; key to providing sound guidance and support for the business.