Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
A global financial services organisation of over 30,000 staff, providing advisory, pensions, risk management and broking services to clients around the world.
It designs and delivers solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals.
Developing applications in the growing Investment software development team, currently consisting of 12 professionals. The development philosophy is based around an agile approach with flexible delivery driven by business needs.
The team works in close collaboration with the business and customers. Systems are developed in .NET 4.5, with every member of the team have full MSDN subscription, ReSharper 8.2, access to PluralSight courses, flexible hardware options, as well as a team budget for other software tools.
As a desktop application developer, your core responsibility will be the continued development and support of Windows applications used within the organisation, and by its clients – including C# modelling applications. You will have the exciting opportunity to work on a highly visible project and, by coming in at an early stage, the chance to influence the project’s direction and success.
As part of the development team, you’ll be expected to:
- Contribute to the development of C# modelling applications including;
- Data Layer - C# classes
- Data Access - SQL stored procedures
- Data Repository SQL tables
- Develop knowledge of the existing applications and an understanding of clients’ needs/processes to assist you in making appropriate recommendations and contribute effectively
- Deal professionally, incisively and in a timely manner with internal and external clients and effectively manage their expectations
- Have an active role within the team, collaborating, sharing knowledge and ideas, and influencing the direction of the team's development
- Take ownership of solutions for their full life cycle
- Strong knowledge of C# with four years+ development experience
- Good knowledge of MS SQL database and T-SQL
- 3+ years of professional experience in RDBMS.
- An excellent track record of delivering database and middle-tier solutions
- Strong object oriented analysis and design experience, with good understanding of .NET framework architecture.
- Solid mathematical skills
- Be a logical thinker, a problem solver, a diligent worker, a team player who thrives in a collegiate atmosphere
- Be passionate about technology and modern development tools and techniques
- Exposure to the wider .NET ecosystem: ASP.NET, WPF
- Experience of TDD
To apply, forward a CV to Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection