10% Bonus, 10% Pension
Do you enjoy a challenging, fast paced environment, working with fellow experts?
The business is going through a period of rapid change and transformation, to which you’d bring expertise in areas of business analysis, technical analysis and technical system configuration.
You’ll be working from the early development of requirements, through analysis and design to supporting QA, testing and the deployment of solutions into an operational environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity to play a key part in the implementation of technology in a start-up business unit and to become a valued member of the team from the early days, leading to unlimited career growth opportunities. Your perspective shall be valued, and you’ll be provided exposure to market-leading platforms and technologies.
- Working with the underwriting businesses to understand business requirements and developing detailed process maps
- Supporting the development of detailed technical requirements, working with in-house and external vendor resources taking ownership of resolving uncertainty and ambiguity in requirements
- Supporting the end-to-end delivery lifecycle, working in an iterative (Agile) environment as appropriate to the task.
- Supporting the quality assurance aspects of delivery projects to ensure technology deliverables meet the business needs originally specified
- Support and coordinate data gathering for the system configuration of new underwriting lines of business
- Functional testing of configured package against specification
- Support Business Users throughout UAT (system and business process testing) and help them prioritise issues
- Post Go Live Support
- Previously worked in an underwriting / insurance / MGA (managing general agent) environment
- Experience of the full IT project lifecycle (SDLC) from requirements capture through to hand-over to operational support in an Agile development environment
- Experience engaging and influencing business and technology stakeholders at all levels
- First rate communication skills and ability to apply these to rapid and creative problem solving in a pressurised environment
- Experience of understanding complex business processes, documenting them and proposing change
- Ability to work without close supervision, define direction and comply with overall Group strategy and objectives
- Roll the sleeves and focus on the objectives and outcomes attitude (instead of process)
- Experience of working in a start-up environment
- Experience of developing Use Cases
- Moderate to advanced MS Excel (Rating engine configuration)
- Exposure to website / portal development
- An understanding of the IT infrastructure that underpins the delivery of technology to the business