Our client, a leading Financial Services organisation, are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their Fund Accounting team, ideally with a background in an Accountancy Practice.
The individual will be responsible for servicing the needs of a portfolio of private equity or real estate clients. The individual will liaise with the CFO and financial team of the funds, third parties (including auditors) and any other external advisors necessary to ensure all issues are resolved and deadlines met
- Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including liaison with client over transaction related issues
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions
- Preparation of asset level management reporting for the client and seeking new ways to provide informative and concise information
- Calculation of deal and fund level IRRs and other performance metrics
- Dealing with year end audit including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues
- Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
- Currently studying towards ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- A background in an accountancy practice is highly desirable
- A full understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards preferably gained within a funds environment.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a professional office environment either within an accounts department or preferably within an accounting service provider