The Application Engineering Lead will be a subject matter expert in WebSphere MQ. This is not a straight 9-5pm role and flexibility is required from the suitable candidate.
You will be working in a team of technical professionals, made up of 2 Subject Matter Experts (SME) in the UK & 1 based out in Brussels.
You will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the offshore team with technical issues escalated to the UK. The firm is looking for someone who is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the MQ Websphere, reviewing all architecture and high level documentation.
- Lead a web application engineering/operations team
- Lead and design distributed middleware infrastructure with a detailed understanding of networking, firewall and load-balancing services
- Plan, design and implement disaster recovery solutions and participate in network and infrastructure design and deployment
- Responsible for the technical design and sign-off for web/application software infrastructure
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in WebSphere MQ (WMQ)
- Ensure that all technical application documentation is current and that work product meets SOX compliance requirements
- Budgeting and capacity planning, as well as systems performance and uptime management
- Providing responsible reporting metrics to senior management
- Extensive experience with WebSphere MQ (WMQ) and in particular with MQ version 8.x running on Red Hat Linux
- Experience with WebSphere Message Broker (WMB) and IBM Integration Bus (IIB)
- WebSphere MQ certifications or equivalent
- Experience within a financial services organisation preferred
- Provided 3rd Line Support
- Produced high level technical documentation