|Job Title:||Technical Consultant|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: 10% bonus + 10% pension|
|Contact Name:||Alex Hamilton|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2017 17:47|
A global financial services organisation of over 30,000 staff, providing advisory, pensions, risk management and broking services to clients around the world.
It designs and delivers solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals.
As a Technical Consultant, you will provide client-facing pre-sales, implementation and integration of advanced financial modelling software throughout Europe.
As part of the wider software team, you will provide highest tier technical assistance for enterprise deployments to our global team. Limited on-call rotation will be required; currently one week per quarter.
Most technical consultants also branch out and become specialists in their own personal areas of interest that are aligned with corporate goals (Big data, Linux, development, European regional areas, etc.).
• On-site and remote implementation, installation, configuration and support of enterprise software; recommending appropriate bespoke solutions where required.
• Providing technical input (infrastructure) and support to development teams.
• Providing pre-sales technical support to consultants and the sales teams.
• Training clients on installation and on-going support of advanced software products.
• Ad-hoc internal IT support.
• Strong communication skills; the consulting image is important
• Solid experience of system implantation
• Ability to understand complex IT architectures
• Good knowledge of server hardware and configuration.
• Microsoft Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory and networking knowledge.
• SQL Server database experience including SQL, maintenance and optimisation
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with limited supervision
• Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
• Educated to degree level
• Willingness to travel and ability to work throughout the EU without restriction.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, including using VBA.
• Experience with a scripting language (Batch, VBA, PowerShell and/or Perl).
• Network performance analysis
• Cloud computing (Azure) or grid architectures (HPC)
• .Net development experience
• Experience in working with high performance or distributed computing
• Core Microsoft, Azure, Citrix, Cisco, VMWare or other key IT certifications.
• Experience in a client facing or consulting role
• Fluency in a relevant European language (French, German, Italian, Spanish or Dutch)
To apply, forward a CV to Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£60000 - £90000 per annum, Benefits: Discretionary Bonus + Benefits
Senior Pensions Investment Consultant
£70000 - £100000 per annum, Benefits: bonus + shares
Investment Consultant + Modelling
£50000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: competitive bonus
Senior Communications Consultant
£55000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: pension, private medical, 4 x life cover, bonus
Associate Investment Consultant
£30000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: competitive bonus