The financial services industry is experiencing unprecedented innovation thanks to advances in big-data analytics, distributed super-computing and real-time cloud services. This is an outstanding opportunity to be at the forefront of this revolution.
You’ll be joining a global and growing organisation with a highly professional software team based just outside Cambridge, within a few minutes’ walk of public transport links. They are developing world-class leading-edge financial modelling software, primarily in C#, which has already enabled many of the world’s largest insurance companies to model and manage their capital risk.
An integral part of the team, a proactive senior software test engineer is needed to work on market leading financial capital modelling software. You will work with other team members to highlight the product risks, and help identify and implement the necessary steps required to enable the release of software which not only meets the end-user’s needs, but is also reliable and of the highest quality.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the software testing domain
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of testing methodologies and promoting best practice quality techniques within high-calibre software development teams
- High numeracy skills, degree-educated with a 1st or 2:1 in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science
- C# and NUnit
- User interface testing or facilitating usability testing
- Exposure to WPF applications and Reactive extensions
- Knowledge of maths and statistics and the need for numerical accuracy
- Familiarity and adaptability to working with automation frameworks
- Interest in financial and capital modelling
- Agile development