You will be joining a team developing the world's leading risk management software suite, a sophisticated product which allows our clients to maximise their capital. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to increase performance.
Our world-class risk analytics and financial modelling software platform already enables over 1,000 major financial services organisations worldwide to build and execute finance models. This is an evolving role that will cover a wide range of tasks such as:
- Designing, implementing, refactoring and testing code (C#), following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance,
- Implementing unit tests (C#, NUnit), developing test frameworks and associated automated test cases,
- Reviewing and debugging code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
- Working closely with test engineers to guarantee suitable test coverage, identifying and executing manual tests if necessary,
- Participating in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives, striving to continuously improve the team velocity, its processes and engineering practices,
- Working with the Product Owner to help create User Stories and define acceptance criteria,
- Documenting requirements analysis or design decisions,
- Mentoring junior members of the team and taking a lead role for some of the above activities.
- Mid / senior level software development experience using C# .NET,
- Extensive industry experience of the full software development lifecycle: requirements capture and analysis, estimation, detailed software design, object-orientated software implementation, unit and system-level testing, installation and deployment,
- Extensive industry experience with software engineering best practices, processes and supporting tools,
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day development and bug fixing activities,
- Capability to design high-performance, scalable and extensible software architectures and algorithms which are also easy to test, debug and maintain,
- High numeracy skills, ideally degree-educated with a 1st or at least 2:1 in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science.
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment,
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies along with their potential benefits and limitations,
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (Git), or other version control and CI systems,
- NUnit (or other unit testing frameworks),
- GUI design/implementation, or knowledge of standards, WPF or WinForms,
- Cloud Technologies (Azure),
- SQL Server (or other SQL databases),
- Passion for maths, statistics and complex algorithms.
To apply, forward a CV to Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection