£50000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Benefits
0113 274 3000
about 1 year ago
If so, this may well be the opportunity for you, as one of the UK’s largest providers of financial advice is looking to appoint a Regulatory Policy and Business Standards Consultant, to work in partnership with their Business Controls Director to further enhance their regulatory policies, business standards and underpinning controls.
Your core duties and responsibilities would be as follows:
· Working in partnership with a senior Director to devise, implement and maintain an effective suite of regulatory policies around advice standards
· Coaching and training stakeholders on key risks and policies whilst acting as the conduit between the SLT and wider stakeholders
· Producing risk MI and reporting with a view to evolving policies, reporting, controls and measures
· Acting as champion of regulatory policy and standards across the business
· Working in conjunction with the wider business to promote adherence to internal processes and policies whilst also being aware of current and emerging FCA requirements that may impact the business
You will ideally have the following skills and experience:
· Demonstrable knowledge and experience of risk management, regulatory policies and best advice methodologies
· Proven experience of compliance and risk management within a financial planning environment
· QCF Level 4 as a minimum, any progression towards chartered status would be advantageous, but is not essential
· Current and thorough knowledge of the UK’s regulatory requirements and FCA handbook within an advisory setting
· Ability to disseminate complex information, drawing out salient points and making it suitable and accessible for relevant audience
· Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and challenge in a positive and engaging manner
· Competent with FS back office and reporting systems and the Microsoft suite of products e.g. Word & Excel
This is a home based role with occasional visits to northern based offices initially on a FT contract for 6 months on a FTC basis or on a daily contractor rate basis depending on the situation of the successful candidate. There may be the opportunity for a permanent role beyond the initial 6 months should this be of interest to both parties.
You will enjoy a competitive rate of pay if a contractor; or a competitive salary and benefits package including generous holiday allowance and pension if on a fixed term contract of employment.
Should this opportunity catch your eye please click the ‘Apply’ button, or, alternatively send your CV to email@example.com.