Our development philosophy is based around an agile approach with flexible delivery driven by business needs. The team works in close collaboration with investment consultants and other business sponsors.
Our systems are developed in .NET 4.5, with every member of the team having a full MSDN subscription, ReSharper 8.2, access to PluralSight courses, flexible hardware options, as well as a team budget for other software tools.
As a C# SQL developer, your core responsibility will be the continued development and support of C# modelling applications used internally, and by our clients. You will have the exciting opportunity to work on a highly visible project and, by coming in at an early stage, the chance to influence the project direction and success.
As part of the development team, you’ll be expected to:
- Contribute to the development of C# modelling applications including;
- Data Layer - C# classes
- Data Access - SQL stored procedures
- Data Repository SQL tables
- Develop knowledge of the existing applications and an understanding of clients’ needs/processes to assist you in making appropriate recommendations and contribute effectively
- Deal professionally, incisively and in a timely manner with internal and external clients and effectively manage their expectations
- Have an active role within the team, collaborating, sharing knowledge and ideas, and influencing the direction of the team's development
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong knowledge of C#
- good knowledge of MS SQL database, T-SQL
- a minimum of 1 year professional experience
- an excellent track record of delivering database and middle-tier solutions
- strong object oriented analysis and design experience, with good understanding of .NET framework architecture
- maths proficiency to A-Level or higher
- a logical thinking and problem solving attitude, be a diligent worker, a team player who thrives in a collegiate atmosphere
- a passion for technology and modern development tools and techniques
- exposure to the wider .NET ecosystem; ASP.NET, WPF
- experience of TDD