Internal Audit carries out independent reviews across all areas of management activity, including ad-hoc reviews at the request of management, involvement in key projects and reviews of systems under development, and formally reports findings with recommendations to the Audit Committee, Executive, Senior and Line management.
The department is responsible for reporting on risks and the control environment across all areas of the business and the support functions to senior management and to provide management with reasonable assurance that operating controls are adequate and effective.
- Responsible for conducting audits, managing stakeholder relationships, agreed with department’s management, and monitoring of technology functions.
- Acts as liaison with the business audit team to ensure their full understanding of technology scope and validate key data flows, key applications and associated risks.
- Participates in the planning stage of an audit and develops risk based audit work programs with relevant key automated controls.
- Managing people on discrete projects on a consistent basis with little oversight when leading.
- Executes audit work program and evaluates scoped automated controls in collaboration with peers and management.
- Documents work in line with department methodology. Identifies technology issues and provides control remediation suggestions whilst tracking them to completion.
- Performing tasks within department policies, methodologies and standards.
Technical Knowledge / Experience
- IT Auditor with minimum 18 months relevant experience in technology audit
- Knowledge and experience of application technology controls, general computing controls development environments, user acceptance testing, change management and end user computing controls.
- Experience in assessing IT infrastructure control environments in both mainframe and distributed platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills for performing auditee interviews, negotiating issues and resolving problems. Also, ability to self-motivate and able to take ownership of tasks allocated, with limited supervision over once understanding of our methodologies.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted IS audit standards, statements and practices