The role plays a key role in finance and calls up both accounting knowledge and an understanding of internal controls commonly learnt through audit.
- Quality Assurance - support control reviews to minimise risk and promote best practice. Perform balance sheet reconciliation quality assurance and remediation.
- Reporting & Issue Management - support the delivery of high quality management information for stakeholder reporting on key control processes.
- Training - promotion of best practice and communication to Finance staff of policies and controls.
- Projects - perform ad-hoc data analysis, deep dives and support other tactical projects and initiatives.
- Ensure service levels are managed and maintained.
To be considered for the role you will be a finalist / newly qualified accountant with a control or audit background and a very good accounting / financial statements understanding. This role is suitable to a candidate looking to take their first role out from an accountancy practice.
- Qualified / Finalist Accountant -- ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA Full Accreditation or with an equivalent level of experience
- Solid audit / internal controls experience either from practice or industry background with a demonstrated working knowledge of control frameworks.
- Ideally experience of working on projects
- Communication and ability to write succinct reports and to communicate effectively with staff at a range of different levels.