Highly Competitive Salary - DOE
As a qualified actuary, finding a role that challenges you and interests you, can be difficult. This role might be just the one for you.
You won't be a stranger to IFRS17; it's everywhere in the actuarial world, and following the deadline extension to January 2022, businesses are finally getting on board with ensuring it has been implemented by the deadline.
Based in Edinburgh, this life office is busy laying the groundwork for implementation, and if you're lucky, you could get involved.
- As part of the Methodology team, this role will focus on working out which accounting decisions need to be made so that IFRS17 can be implemented properly.
- You will be delving into the detail of the changes required to the current way of working, as well as answering questions about the new actuarial and accounting systems required to achieve compliance.
- You will provide technical analysis and challenge to proposed methodologies and recommend appropriate methodologies to implement.
- You will be drafting IFRS17 accounting reports which demonstrate the likely impact on the business.
- Bring an extensive understanding of actuarial reporting (either SII or IFRS17)
- Have experience of working in an uncertain environment, exploring options, and finding resolutions
- Be able to produce accurate information to tight deadlines
- Have 3 years' post qual experience
If this sounds like a match for your background, please apply with your CV.