Drawing on your experience, the Head of Software Development will lead the full transformation of the company's development practices, taking an instrumental role in re-defining how software is delivered.
Working with the Director of Digital, the role-holder will develop the software roadmap and strategies, establishing new, modern and high quality development methods as well as acting as a thought leader for software development best practice. This will include developing and implementing initiatives to improve code quality/standards, scalability and efficiencies, as well as managing a move across to using The Atlassian Stack and migrating existing software away from Microsoft SQL.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Collaborate with the Director of Digital to drive the strategic direction of software solutions, providing recommendations on emerging technologies and how/if these should be implemented;
- Plan, design & manage the transformation of the core software solution into a fully scalable, cost efficient SaaS product;
- Facilitate technology and methodology decision making, including the standardisation of application architecture, high quality code base development, branching strategies and deployment processes;
- Implement robust development practices, ensuring all code developed is clean, well-structured, well-tested and consistently error free;
- Proactively manage the entire software development and QA function;
- Represent the business in key technical conversations with clients (including prospects), ensuring that at all times the firm's technical expertise is evident;
- Providing technical consultancy to new business opportunities and supporting the Director of Digital in senior negotiations (both internal & external);
- Proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies;
- Lead and manage a growing team of software developers, business analyst and software tester;
- Foster a continued focus on craftsmanship and excellence across the development team.
- Proven track record in a comparable role, leading the development of innovative technology solutions;
- Excellent technical credentials - able to demonstrate an extensive technical knowledge including understanding of latest technologies;
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of what is required to build and deliver the very best SaaS solutions;
- Experience/knowledge of:
o .NET core
o RESTful API
- Experience leading Agile working methodologies, ensuring the delivery of accurate, timely and quality solutions;
- Articulate and empathetic in all types of communication, able to handle pressurised situations in a calm and logical manner;
- Must be able to alter communication style according to audience, in particular translating complex technical concepts into plain-English for those not working in a technical role.
To apply forward a CV to Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection