Leading a team of geospatial experts across two UK sites, and liaising with international colleagues, you’ll play an active role in providing geo-intelligence & analytics advisory, support and delivery capabilities to the wider company and clients.
The post requires a senior expert in implementing and integrating geospatial technologies to solve risk management and other business problems. You shall provide leadership and guidance to clients and co-workers, coordinating and delivering prioritised projects, ensuring the optimised use of available geospatial infrastructure.
Selection of duties:
- Engaging with senior business stakeholders to help shape the product roadmap
- Assisting in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of GI platforms
- Performing analysis and creating information products from geo-intelligence and related software and sub systems.
- Providing support for data conversion, systems integration and systems/application’s development and implementation.
- Reviewing analysts’ deliverables (code reviews, design documents) and adherence to set quality control procedures.
- Ensuring best practice and quality assurance is applied to technical delivery
- Line management including performance review and objective setting, input in the salary review, and guiding their personal development
- Facilitating technical design walkthroughs, reviews and handover with team members, service management
- Documenting specifications for geo intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
- 5+ years of experience implementing enterprise software solutions, developing independent and integrated analytical solutions/capabilities
- Demonstrated data analytics/modelling proficiency
- Creativity and curiosity regarding data, ability to identify patterns in disparate data source
- Experience co-ordinating priorities and managing several projects simultaneously, driving projects through to completion.
- Experience of line management and associate development
- Advanced experience developing, supporting and co-ordinating the deployment of the ESRI Desktop product suite across a community of users (ArcGIS Desktop/ ArcGIS Pro and extensions such as Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, Data Interoperability & City Engine)
- Advanced experience developing, supporting and co-ordinating ESRI enterprise product suite (ArcGIS Server/Portal v10.4+, Data Store, ArcGIS Online) – experience designing, administrating and managing web services and applications at enterprise level
- Knowledge of the principles underlying geocoding and address data cleansing technologies (preferably Pitney Bowes Spectrum) and extending these capabilities to a diverse user community
- Strong competence working with SQL Server databases as a data source and SQL Server Spatial. Other databases advantageous.
- Advanced experience co-ordinating, developing and updating geospatial data warehouses with associated knowledge for data security and licence compliance.
- Advanced experience developing analytical models incorporating geospatial modelling and geo-processing services.
To apply, forward a CV to Alexander Hamilton at BWD Search & Selection