With continued market growth as DB pension scheme trustees and employers de-risk their balance sheets, the bulk annuity business is a key area of growth for our client and they’re looking to triple business volumes over the next three years.
Their brand, financial strength, asset origination capability and pricing advantage, corporate relationships and TCC offering as well as their in-house administration excellence, ideally place them to be a partner of choice for clients. Over the next few years, they’re investing over £40m to further develop skills and capabilities, particularly in the larger scheme market, to enable them to challenge, and surpass the market leader.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the strategic deal managers in developing and delivering competitive and commercial deal structures in line with the client's business standards and pricing methodology.
- Providing insight, thought leadership and innovation to transactions to maintain competitive advantage.
- Optimising transactions for both client and company benefit, considering capital efficiency and other key financial metrics.
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders across Investment, Finance, Legal and Risk disciplines.
- Managing compliance with appropriate capital, pricing and risk management frameworks.
- Support external messaging of our client's capability in this market, networking externally as appropriate to support business development.
Skills & Experience
- Be highly literate and a fast learner, preferably a qualified actuary with excellent commercial acumen.
- Have a strong track record of developing and implementing complex, commercial financial transactions.
- Be currently working within the DB or Life Actuarial markets
- Be confident in managing pricing, capital and risk in a life / pensions insurance business.
- Be an effective presenter, able to explain complex issues succinctly for senior management and technical specialists.
- Be able to work collaboratively with multi-disciplined teams in various locations.
- Be comfortable managing complexity in a large, dynamic working environment.