Assistant Recruitment Consultant (Graduate)
Flexible Working: Home & Office Based (Leeds)
Competitive Salary + Bonus & Benefits
It’s hard getting a job as a graduate. If you’ve started looking, you’ll know.
Few companies want to risk an investment in someone with no real industry experience.
We’re different. We have the structure and processes in place to recruit ‘switched-on', ambitious and enthusiastic graduates and then train and develop them into being exceptional recruitment consultants.
A top-class work-life balance, the most friendly and supportive teammates you could wish for, and a career that puts doing the right thing first. Sounds ideal right... but not always the things that come to mind when talking about recruitment?
Well, this is exactly what working at BWD is all about - it’s these principles that run through everything we do. It’s why for example, we all work to a full-pay, four-day week - and still knock the competition out of the park! It’s why we average seven years of service (and counting). And it’s why our clients trust us to do great work every time.
So, to continue to make it work, we need the best. We need bright, talented people with the attitude to succeed - and the ethics to want to do it the right way...
So, what’s it like here?
First of all, when we welcome you into our team, you’ll notice that we care about you not just as an employee, but as a person.
- Working to a full-pay, four-day week. Friday is your day because we passionately believe in having a real work-life balance that allows you to spend more time with your family, indulge in your hobbies, or just take a bit of r&r at the end of the week!
- Health & Wellbeing package, including Private Medical and discounted gym membership
- Extended lunch so you can take the time to go to the gym - and still, keep your evening
- Flexible working - we love that we have an office full of encouraging, passionate consultants. But presenteeism is a bit old-fashioned... we trust you to do a great job at home or in the office.
- Being part of a fun and friendly social scene with some of the finest and most decent recruiters in the market. We organise social events throughout the year and our annual sports day is always a blast!
And when you start working at BWD, we make it our mission to support you in your career goals.
- Mentoring program tailored to fit your needs and level. We want to help you settle in and feel part of the team right away!
- Clear promotional path based on your goals. You’ll always know what you need to do to step up and we’ll support and trust you every step of the way.
- Being well rewarded for your efforts with a market-leading salary, up to 50% commission, and unforgettable trips abroad to reward you for your great work.
- You’ll have the tools you need to not just excel in your role but learn new skills to develop your career. For example, you’ll have a LinkedIn licence with access to recruiter and learning - with interesting and helpful courses from industry leaders.
- Ongoing training for every step of your career with our ‘leadership academy’. We want to help you build and shape your career with us and achieve the goals you set.
The Day to Day:
- You’d be expected to support your team in identifying job seekers for our clients
- Create professional and attractive job seekers specifications and issue these via e-mail to relevant clients
- Identify the most suitable job seekers for roles using a blend of attraction techniques
- Contact potential job seekers, which will involve headhunting, to establish interest in live opportunities
- Write creative and attractive job adverts for vacancies
- Take the details of job roles and create accurate and professional job descriptions
- Review job seekers CV’s against job descriptions or adverts and make adjustments to best showcase their skills, knowledge, and experience to clients
- Update job seekers records and track activity through the effective use of internal systems
- Meet income targets and other agreed KPI’s
- Map out competitor organisations for live vacancies and identify potential talent that may be suitable to discuss roles with
- Source and match appropriate CVs to specific vacancies and communicate with other areas of the business where you spot CVs that are a ‘good fit’ for other roles
- Speculatively introduce candidates by proactively marketing them to relevant businesses where there is a good fit both for potential roles
- Proactively identify and act on new business opportunities through working with clients and candidates as well as keeping abreast of business and sector news
- Identify opportunities to help grow your sector knowledge and your own role.
Who are we looking for?
We’re interested in speaking with ambitious, determined, and enthusiastic graduates. In addition, we’re looking for people who share our values of doing the right thing, rather than whatever it takes. People who can communicate with empathy and understand how to build lasting relationships. And we’re looking for people who want to take responsibility and ownership for their own careers, genuinely love what they do, and have fun doing it.
So, if you feel you’d fit in here, let’s chat. Just drop our Careers Team an email or click apply…