Project Finance Business Partner – Financial Services – Leeds – Paying up to £50,000 per
The purpose of this role is to provide a business partnering service to the project team ensuring an effective financial framework and governance approach is applied to all projects through tracking and monitoring results and driving improved performance within the business.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Understand the aims of the project and provide analysis and advice.
- Identify risks and agree resolution methods.
- Financial processing.
- Maintain a ‘live view’ of project cost and benefits.
- Validate and challenge assumptions/basis of calculation for benefits and costs.
- Ensure ongoing costs have been recognised and validated by receiving function working with Business Partners and cost team.
- Report performance of project against forecast and highlight future impact of under/over spend
- Identify, develop and manage key relationships. Act as the single interface into the portfolio for financial data demands. Support Project Managers, Sponsors, Tower Managers and Portfolio Delivery Managers contributing to crucial meetings and acting as a trusted advisor by providing financial input that informs the successful delivery of the project.
- Inform commercial thinking to improve decision making, challenge and flag poor forecasting and reporting with PMs and seek a solution
- Apply professional judgement balancing timely updates to stakeholders with longer term analysis of emerging issues.
- Proactively drive improvement, improving forecasting and identifying opportunities to streamline and automate process
- Liaise with FBPs as SME for their areas working together to ensure accuracy of financial plans and robustness of modelling assumptions.
- Will possess an accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) – exams and experience complete. (min of 3 years PQE)
- Experience of Project Accounting in a regulated environment
- Highly numerate, intellectually strong and capable of digesting and interpreting technical information.
- Rigorous, methodical and well organised with excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver to deadline
- Ability to identify and address key risks/implications
- Ability to apply professional judgement
- Proactively seeks to improve processes and outcomes
- Ethical in approach
- Self-confident, resilient individual who can anticipate issues and overcome them
- Experience of working in a deadline-driven project environment.
If you would like to work for an ambitious organisation who puts their employees at the centre of everything they do and where you will find respect, recognition and reward for your work. then please get in touch.