You will be joining a large financial services organisation to lead, safeguard and transform the payroll team for an initial 7-month contract.
- Develop and implement a best practice model for Payroll.
- Design, agree and implement an improvement road map.
- Improve process, compliance and service outcomes for end-users.
- Act as SME for Payroll and provide support for implementation of a flexible benefit project, recognising current scope and technology requirements.
- Offer advice by establishing close working relationships with both key organisational stakeholders (primarily People and Enabling Functions) and the Payroll team.
- Target cost and processing efficiencies.
- CIPP qualified or equivalent professional qualification.
- Knowledge of Payroll and HMRC legislation.
- Extensive understanding and experience of all payroll processes including pensions.
- Management experience of operational teams in payroll.
- Competent in risk reduction techniques, definition, measurement, analysis, implementation and controls.
- Strong ability to focus on quality control.
- Ability to manage and develop a team
- Ability to challenge and Influence
- Process improvement / LEAN experience
- Experience of working with third party providers, e.g. Pensions, Flexible Benefits
- Working in a Financial Services organisation.
- Completing risk analysis across a business to identify and challenge points of vulnerability and recommend risk reduction strategies.
- Change management skills in Payroll
- Strong commercial awareness.