Managing Counsel – Regulatory Affairs & Public Policy, Director. Manchester.
£100,000 - £120,000 Basic + bonus & benefits.
Are you a qualified lawyer with significant experience relating to global financial institutions? Do you work for a law firm, financial institution, regulator or financial services trade association? Would you like to change your role and work for a well-regarded international bank, which gives you a platform to develop your skills and challenge yourself in a collaborative environment?
Your new role would be a challenging permanent opening as Managing Counsel – Regulatory Affairs & Public Policy, Director. Based in Manchester.
You will be in a Director level role with a focus on supporting global teams on their management of regulatory relationships with such as PRA and FCA. You will provide advice around regulatory queries and examinations, contribute to regulatory requests and partner with very senior leaders in the business, whilst delivering an exceptional level of legal advice.
In order to qualify for this excellent opportunity, you will be a qualified lawyer 8+ years PQE from a law firm, financial institution, regulator or financial services trade association, other requirements include:
- Familiarity with current legal, regulatory and market trends and initiatives impacting the UK and EMEA region
- Strong knowledge of the banking industry and regulation, including wider financial services
- Experience in advising on and coordinating responses to regulatory and legal change
- Experience managing outside counsel on major deliverables
- Experience of frequent interactions with senior business leaders
- Experience of frequent interactions with regulators
- Degree Educated
- Excellent influencing and diplomacy skills